Frequently Asked Questions
Skill-eD goes beyond ABCs and 123s to instill the skills of ideation, confidence, communication and collaboration – skills that are needed not just for school but for life. We have set up a beautiful pre-primary segment ( Play group – Grade 2) along with Premium Daycare facilities, Post-school activities, Summer and Winter Camps.
At skill-eD we implement Brain Based Learning for the children (SCF -Skill-eD Curriculum Framework) We have taken into account how the Childs brain is developing and it sets the stage for best learning development. The environment is planned in such a way that the best exchange of Nature and Nurture can take place and the child may achieve ultimate learning. Our classroom teaching is child-centred where learning is celebrated. A lot of attention is focused on making use of the senses to create meaningful memories.
We limit the class size to a maximum of 15 students, guided by one teacher and one support staff. Ratio comes to 15:1.
The fact that every child is unique and has an infinite potential makes it irreverent to gauge them on a common scale. Skill-eD endeavors to help each and every child discover this unique potential. This is possible because of the observation-based, continuous and cumulative process through which students are not scrutinized but allowed to express themselves unreservedly.
Primary mode of communication is always English. Secondary will be Hindi.
Team Skill-eD is always selected based first on their educational experience , then their ability to mingle with the kids. Teachers and staff are also trained ( compulsory) on a regular basis to keep them going the Skill-eD way.
- – There are usually two reasons for this:
- The environment in which they’ve grown & opportunity to demonstrate their skills.
- Genetics – That every child receive from their parents.
The basic nature of any human ( child & adult alike) is that we don’t like to be tested. We also do not like to speak to strangers but when it comes to our children we want them to speak and test their abilities as well, by asking them “wish uncle/aunty” or “tell them your name” or “why don’t you sing a rhyme” and so on!
As an adult someone starts questioning you , you will feel threatened too so why put our kids through all that. Instead let your child get comfortable with the person , let them build a sense of trust , have fun and eventually as the child feels at ease he/she will develop social skills. You can also:
- Take your child to parks, best way to make them social is to make them enjoy free play with other kids.
- Encourage and demonstrate social interactions – showing them how , not pushing them.
- Arrange for play-dates! Yes it’s an additional effort to manage many kids together but it will work wonders for your child.
- Let the child make his/her own decisions.
- Encourage them to be independent.
- Let them meet the elderly and again demonstrate how you respect them.
Children start play group at an early age of 1.5-2 years and the basic fundamental of play group at Skill-ed is developing a happy base for the child. By working a lot on their developmental skills we ensure child is getting a holistic development.
- Pre-school – Play to grade 2
- Activities – Music , Dance, taekwondo, Swimming , Academic Assistance
- Summer/Winter Camps
We at Skill-eD do not believe in entry barriers to quality education. Yes we might want to speak to the child and try and gauge what gaps are/are not there in the current class and the preceding class. We firmly believe that all children and special and have upmost capabilities , just need to be tapped into.